If your Doctor uses the scheme, you will either:
- Have no out-of-pocket expenses; or
- You will know exactly how much you will have to pay before treatment begins.
Also, your doctor can bill HCI direct, saving you from having to claim from Medicare and HCI yourself. It is your doctor’s choice to use Access Gap Cover. Your special relationship with your doctor and the treatment you receive will not change.
Questions to ask each Doctor…
- Will you treat me under Access Gap Cover?
- Will I have any out-of-pocket expenses, and if so, can you provide a written estimate of how much?
- Will any assisting doctors also use Access Gap Cover and if so, how can I obtain a quote for their services?
- Are you prepared to send the bill to HCI directly?
Use the search feature to search for registered participating doctors.